Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dinner at our house: Mac N Cheese

Mmmmmac N Cheese!

Some of you saw this on my facebook tonight, and I thought I'd share the recipe. It turned out really yum! This is sure to become a regular in my house, and I plan to try and make my own alfredo sauce next time so I can make it lowfat. There is a skinnier version I can make I'm sure!

Ingredients:
1 lb corkscrew pasta
1 15 oz jar alfredo sauce (I used Bertolli)
3 cups shredded cheese (I used Kraft 2% Sharp Cheddar + 2% Colby Jack Blend)
Sour cream (I used low fat)
Bacon crumbles
Croutons (I bought an asiago blend)

Directions:
Cook your pasta as normal. While it's boiling, in a deep sauce pan heat up sauce over medium-high heat. Mix in your shredded cheese. Make sure it's smooth and not lumpy. Once it's melted all the way, you can go ahead and add in your bacon if you'd like (Tim didn't want it so I set it to the side). Add in your pasta and stir til covered. Add a dollup of the sour cream, bacon (if you didn't use it before) and top with crushed croutons. Eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...