Monday, November 15, 2010

Fighting the Aging Process: Rock Shows

Last night we did something that we haven't done in a good bit- Tim and I went to a concert with our good friends Mel and Chris. It was AMAZING.

I can remember being younger (I say that as if I'm really old or something- more on that later) and listening to music as loud as I wanted, when I wanted (especially in college with no "supervision"). I know everyone can identify, but I really feel like it is a special part of me. Tim and I "fell in love" at a rock show (yes, debate was an official introduction- but it was chasing our friends' bands that really helped us foster that teenage love). I remember the trips where my parents would drive and drop me off at a local band's show in Peachtree City, GA. R.I.P Flystyl and Tomorrow's Regret.

Anyways, I digress...back to the main idea: I LOVE LIVE MUSIC. There is something absolutely electric about hearing/seeing/feeling it all come together. Lyrics. Guitars. Drum. Bass. The Screaming. The Dance. So last night was totally worth the lack of sleep I got last night (we rolled in from Atlanta at about 12:30 a.m. and I was up getting ready for work at 6:00 a.m).

We saw an opening band I've never heard of, but the bass player looked just like Justin Bieber. It was crazy. The second band is one of my all time favorites (Saves the Day), but I haven't listened to them in ages. It was great that no matter how long it had been Tim and I both remembered all their lyrics. Did I mention that we braved the young crowd of rowdy young ones and were standing in the middle of stage standing area. We were some 6-7 feet back from the front of the stage. It is one of the best ways to experience any concert. You have to be up there dancing to get the full thrill. I only regretted it once, a young sprite of boy went to crowd surf and he kicked me in the hip. Mel, Chris, Tim and I braved the crowd a little longer for the band Say Anything. But, by the end of their set we had moved to the back of the standing area. It actually had a better view. In fact, I had a great view of one of my favorite live bands, Motion City Soundtrack.

All in all, it was a wonderful evening with people and music that influence who I am.
Tim @ Savage Pizza in Little 5.

Chris realizing his shirt says "EAT"

Saves the Day!

Again...

Yes, this actually happened. Chris had a twin. We told him to settle the "EAT" debate.

Tim and I in the sweaty crowd of folks.

Motion City Soundtrack!

I actually love the lights in this one. 
More Motion City Soundtrack.
So pretty.

We are a little sweaty.


I want to thank you for being a part of my forget-me-nots and marigolds..
And all the things that don't get old..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...