Sunday, July 1, 2012

Birchbox Round Two: June Box

After MUCH waiting, I FINALLY got my second Birchbox. And it was already a bummer, but it ended up being a total bummer...

I'm here!

Love the packaging. I need a way to upcycle these in a cool way. Suggestions?

Here it is. In all it's lackluster glory...

I received:
John Varvatos Star U.S.A. (A preview from the Men's Birchbox)

So basically, I have designer Band-Aid's which are totally not my style because HELLO I'm a couponer haha. I am interested in the stretchmark cream...and the men's stuff smells awesome so I passed it on to Tim.

As for last month, I've been using some of the products more than others. I loved the smell of the perfume, but it's probably outside of my budget. The nail polish is fantastic in terms of how it goes on and comes off. I just need to save gold for the beach, ha! Hands down though, my favorite item from my first box was Dr. Jart beauty balm. It's amazing. I squished every molecule of it out of the tube. It's basically a foundation and I used it often. It was especially great for days I wanted to go out in public without additional makeup. I'm probably going to treat myself to it for my birthday since it's about $32 a bottle. That's probably what I pay at Clinque anyways.



2 comments:

  1. I've seen another blogger post about the Birchbox. Seems like a cool thing, generally, because I love beauty products, but I agree, this particular one doesn't sound so exciting! Well hopefully you get a better one next time! How do you get one? Or is it an invite thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu can just go to Birchbox.com or my link: https://www.birchbox.com?raf=n56xh and sign up. Sometimes there is a waiting list, but I think I just waited a few weeks max. One friend only waited a couple of days. It's $10 a month and that covers shipping. My first box was a good one. I used every drop of the Dr. Jart and hope to find more things like it. I think what happened with the June box was my original was missing and by the time they replaced it I must have got the bottom of the barrel so to speak. July looks promising because they'ved teamed up with Glamour magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...