Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dinner at our house: Teriyaki steak skewers on the grill!

I renewed my trial subscription of ALL YOU recently, and I'm glad I did. Not only does the magazine pay for itself in the coupons you get from it, it has great life tips like budgeting, organization, and my favorite: food! Tim and I recently started grilling. This is what we made from the magazine. 

I added in onions and peppers!

The man at the grill!

All done, and all gone after the photo was snapped!

These were delicious! Here is the recipe from ALL YOU:

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
  • 1 pound flank steak, cut across grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips
  • 4 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced on diagonal
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions
  1. 1. Combine teriyaki sauce, garlic and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Add steak, seal and turn several times to coat with marinade. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature.
  1. 2. Preheat grill to high. Thread meat onto thin metal skewers; oil grates. Grill steak, turning once, until cooked to desired doneness (1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare). Transfer skewers to a serving platter, sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...