Friday, September 24, 2010

Date Night Movie Review: Easy A

Today around lunch I (Kelly) got a text from Tim that said "date night?" Of course! So after I got done at work we decided to do dinner and a movie. What's more fun than date night? Double date night with another married couple (other than my parents- because let's face it, almost every night seems like a double date night with the parents...). We made plans to meet for a showing of the new flick Easy A with newlyweds Mel + Chris. I have to say that the movie exceeded all of our expectations.


I went into it thinking, oh it's another Superbad or Knocked Up type movie. I'll laugh at some good old fashioned overplayed adolescent jokes. But, it actually surprised me. I enjoyed the appropriate amount of John Hughes references, the literary references, and even the line about running out of things to talk about and sticking heads in the over (Plath anyone?). I really enjoyed the minor characters as much as the main ones. The parents were the best. The principal even better - "My job is to keep the girls off the poles and the boys off the pipes." I laughed the entire movie. I think at some points though Tim, Mel, Chris and I were the only ones laughing. We certainly were the only four left to watch the ends credits, mostly to see what music was featured in the movie (because there were some nice tracks to bob your head to).

Overall, it the movie was good. The company was good. Married life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...