Sunday, October 3, 2010

Date Night Movie Review: The Social Network

Friday night, Tim and I went to dinner and a movie. The parents were out of town at a high school gathering down in their hometown. We ate our usual at O'Charleys (we enjoy the two meals for $14.99-- or whatever the meal deal is) and then waited for the movie to start. We saw The Social Network.

Pretty good flick. I'm not sure on the truthfulness of the movie, or rather how accurate it is, but it's a great story. I'm a PR gal at heart (my Master's focus and all) so I thought a lot about image when watching: "Is this a negative portrayal or positive portrayal?" Tim probably said it best though, "who really wants someone to make a movie of them at age 19? Would any of us be happy with that image?"

So I'm trying to think, would I? Probably not because I'm trying to remember sophomore year of college and I think that year was pretty uneventful.

Oh, and on a random note: Disney's Brenda Song was featured in the movie, but not in a very Disney appropriate role. I'm guessing she won't be back any time soon on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...