Saturday, June 18, 2011

Snacking at Our House: Oreo Truffles

This is a recipe from the awesome and famous bakerella!  Mine didn't turn out the prettiest, but they taste very yummy.

You need:

  • Oreos (I used reduced fat)
  • 8 oz softened cream cheese (I used light)
  • Chocolate for melting (avoid the morsels unless you are a pro, which I am not)
I used Reduced Fat Oreos...

Crushed all but 7 in the blender.

Mixed the crushed Oreos with the cream cheese, then shaped these Oreo balls. I then stuck them in the freezer for about 20 minutes.

Dipped them in white chocolate! I tried to sprinkle some with the reserved Oreo, but they looked rough.

This was one after it hardened in the fridge for about 10 minutes.


Pretty? Not really. Yummy? Of course! You can't go wrong with Oreo + cream cheese+ white chocolate!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty, what does that matter? Now taste that is what is important and it looks yummy to me!! And BTW it doesn't look half bad to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy! I will make some more for CV nurses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I'm drooling. Those look AWESOME. I call dibs on tasting one when you make a batch for the nursing department! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend made these before, and drizzled milk chocolate on top to make them pretty. But I would only bother if you were trying to impress someone..and I'm usually not!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...