Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dinner at Our House: Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Smashed Red Potatoes

So, I got suckered into buying an alumni book from my undergrad college UWG and part of the "Thank you" was a subscription to three magazines. I cannot remember what all I subscribed for, but I did start getting Cooking Light. I think I'm in love! I was flipping through the pages and there is so much in there to inspire me to want to be a healthy eater and start cooking again! First up was this recipe. I actually doubled it because I know I come from a family of starch lovers.

We had it with Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and salad- classy paper plate I know!
Like I said I doubled it so here is what I did:

Ingredients

  • 2 pound small red potatoes
  • 2/3 cup light buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

  • Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with cold water to 2 inches above potatoes. 
  • Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
  • Return potatoes to pan. 
  • Add buttermilk, blue cheese, salt, and pepper to pan; mash with potato masher to desired consistency. (I had to use a wooden spoon but it did the trick)
These were pretty yummy. Tim is not a fan of blue cheese, but he didn't know it was in them until after I told him. He also ate about half the pot so I am very glad I made doubles! I'm actually shocked there is a little leftover; so I'm surprisingly looking forward to lunch at work tomorrow ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...