Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year: Twelve Goals for 2012

Woohoo! Some of you may remember my blog posts regarding goals for the new year, or Eleven in 11. Well I'm at it again. Some are similar, some are a little more private, some are easy and some are not. We'll see how it goes!

  1. Track our entire budget- Now, that sounds like I don't now, but I do, I just want to get down to the details more.
  2. Use at least $500 in coupons- Pretty high goal, but not once you start using those Extra Care Bucks from CVS. We'll see how it goes. I've got a little Excel sheet and I'm excited to find out exactly how much cutting coupons saves me from just the coupons.
  3. Lose X and keep it off- So last year I did well losing what I planned to lose, I just gained 10 of it back. So now I'm going to get that 10 back off and hopefully just a little bit more with it and hope that come December I haven't gained back.
  4. Get a library card, use it once a month- This one is in honor of my favorite librarian couple. I want to start going to the library to get books because I want to...
  5. Read 26 books- Last year I tried for 52- HA! That was one a week, but this one I might be able to pull off. One book every two weeks. I am LOVING the Hunger Games books right now.
  6. Shop local once a month- Tim and I like to support small business when we can, so I thought I'd make it a goal to continue to do it at least once a month.
  7. Knit a scarf- this one is easy...right? I've already got one started...I just need to finish it!
  8. Consistent Gym Use- if we're going to keep it as an expense I've got to go more. I'm pledging to go at least four times a week to make it worth our while.
  9. BLOG three times a week- I don't want to abandon you. I did so well at the beginning of the year, and then fell off. I want to keep it going all year long!
  10. Finish our wedding scrapbook- We've been married almost 4 years, it's just time to do this already!
  11. Put $X in savings- gotta build it back up since we're hoping to buy that house :)
  12. Run a 5k- It's time to stop saying I'm going to do it and just do it!
So there it is. The List. What do you want to accomplish in 2012?

1 comment:

  1. I think these are all very good and reasonable goals. I've learned that the practical ones last much longer than extremely unrealistic goals. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...