Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

<insert same old excuse about not posting here>

Now, for what I came here to blog about...Valentine's! I'm not really a big fan of Valentine's, but I'm not a hater either. But, I will say that this year I'm feeling quite sentimental and *lovey*

Today I woke up to finish making red velvet cake balls for Tim and his coworkers and when I got in the kitchen at 4:30 a.m. to finish them he had left a card in my purse with a huge bag of Sour Patch Kids :) So I went ahead and stuck his card in his bag and finished the cake balls quickly so I could go back to bed for a little while longer.

All day long I've just been reading people's posts on facebook and enjoying seeing everyone in a good mood. I don't think I've even seen the first negative comment about the day. Something I did see on facebook that inspire me was a post from my sweet friend Katie about her parents. Which of course prompted me to think of my favorite love song that I associate with my parents; The Gambler by Fun. I know I've shared it before, but just in case you haven't heard it, click below:



Which got me to thinking about some of my favorite songs that I associate with Tim. So between now and February 23 (our 4 year anniversary) I think I'm going to post short posts about some of our songs and their stories.

I'll start with:



Dashboard Confessional was probably one of the bands that represented the crazy emo-ness of our late 90s early 2000s dramatic teen years. But, this song is great and it makes me feel like a teenager with those crazy PTC kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...