Sunday, May 1, 2011

Eleven in 11: Evaluating April

I cannot believe we are already in May! Time is flying by. The blog has been a great way to hold myself accountable for lots of my goals, so if you are curious about how you can start one for yourself, just let me know. It's incredibly easy.
The breakdown:
1. Volunteer opportunity- I will train this month! I'm so excited. I'm basically going to be a rape crisis volunteer once again. This is one thing I care deeply about. Sometimes, people say, "well how is that? It can't be fun..." Well it certainly isn't fun, and I wouldn't even say I enjoy it, but it is just incredibly meaningful to be able to help someone. And to be truthful, I would want someone to be there for me, so I feel it's only "right" to be there for someone else. 
2. The weight loss one- Slowing down here, but it's mostly because I've not been hitting the gym as much as I should, and I've been so busy that I sometimes lose track of my points. But, the good news is that I'm down 15 since January and certainly on track with my original goal. Also, overall I've lost 32 pounds. 
3. Plan and take honeymoon- Amelia Island is still a go. Please let us know if you've been and you have suggestions for fun and food!
4. Trying four new recipes- Ugh, this I think is my first time failing at this, but to be fair, I did have a busy month at work with a few events. I think I'll try for 6 in May to make up for the deficit.
5. Blog three times a week- I think I keep people's facebook feed flooded. Speaking of facebook feed, I've made a page so you can like the blog on facebook. We'll see how it works out.
6. Student loan- Check! And let me say this also, this month I was about to DOUBLE my payment because of the extra cash I have saved using coupons. HAVE I PERSUADED YOU YET?!?!
7. Savings!- Check! Same thing here. I was able to put away more in savings this month because I had more to spare (and ok, to be fair, I didn't make nearly as many vanity purchases, but part of that is because I wait more for sales now + coupons and deals)...
8. Read 52 books- How am I so bad at this? I love reading. I can't get into the new JR Ward. It's taking me forever to read this latest book...
9. Facebook birthdays- I love that this is actually helping me talk to people more.
10. Visit 12 new restaurants- Wood Stone was great! Make sure to check it out.
11. Etsy- Getting back into the habit. I made Beth's daughter a necklace so it helped me want to make more.

I hope that you weathered April. I know many of you are/were affected by the end of April storms. I pray that your May is full of flowers instead of awful April showers, and I'm so thankful that many of you are safe with your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...