Sunday, May 8, 2011

Gearing up for Grandkids: New Swings!

No, it isn't what you think. And, hey, if it were, what newborn baby gets on a swing? Seriously, folks. :)

My niece and nephew will be arriving any day this week (we're thinking Wednesday). Needless to say, it has been a crazy week/weekend. There were about 20 or more boxes lining the living room, and dining room walls with stuff. We've unpacked and repacked a lot of it. Some of it is now in the *new* attic. I say new because they just added in a way to get up there and some flooring so we can use the area for storage.

Last weekend, my mom and dad bought a grandkidmobile aka minivan, and now this weekend, they've bought the SWINGS! I took some photos of all of us putting it together.

Dad unloading the box

Tim and Dad

Just want to note: these parts were made in the USA...and some were missing...

You can see my shadow!

You can also see my hand/arm in this one haha.

Woohoo! I can hold a pole in place.

Its coming along nicely...

This is the "air glider" seat

Finished this part!

Slide is up next.

Tim worked on the swings...

While dad did the slide.

Finished!

Oh, and one more thing. This tiny little flower makes the entire backyard smell wonderful:

Gardina.


2 comments:

  1. I tell you what, assembling a swing set is not for the faint of heart! It's hard work and you are almost always guaranteed to have a few parts missing! But the finished product looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see it get used!!! It really was a challenge. Did you notice the setting sun as the pictures progressed? The final shot was taken as the sun went down.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...