Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Art of Couponing: Big CVS Deals

If you haven't seen it by now, I'll post here for you all to see. There are some good deals at CVS right now. Just check out Southern Savers or Coupon Divas for some easy check lists.

Here is the deal I did this week: Buy $20 worth of Playtex and/or Schick and get $10 ECB back.

I bought...
Edge Shave Gel, regular $2.87 (on sale for $2.19), used coupons for .55 off, paid $1.64
Skintimate Shave Gel, regular $3.59 (on sale for $2.19), lost my coupon so I paid $2.19
(2) 40 ct. Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons, $8.49 each (used 2 $1/1 coupons) and paid $7.49 each
Also used $4 in ECB off my total that expire soon.
Total out of pocket cost: $14.81 + tax, but earned $10 ECB to use in store. Which I'm thinking about using to buy 4 cases of Diet Dr Pepper (on sale $2.50 per 12 pack).

I would have made out better if I could have bought the Shave Creams, but they were SOLD OUT when I got there. I know you can do a rain-check at CVS, but I was in a hurry and I honestly didn't need it that bad. I mostly steal Tim's shave gel, but since there was a chance to buy some girly kind, I did (and bought one to go in his stash as well). In fact, I think Walgreen's is also having a good deal on the Shave Cream if anyone has the coupons leftover from missing out on the CVS deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...