Saturday, July 2, 2011

Eleven in 11: Evaluating June

I am so sorry for the lack of June updates. I am a mad woman, truly. This month I not only began a 4 day work week at work (which means 10 hours days and a half lunch) I took on some additional responsibilities. I am teaching in the evenings twice a week, making the work day an additional 2 hours longer), plus I helped with an online class at another university. Whew! Lots of work, leaves me with not as much time to blog. Anywho, I'm here now and I have lots of ideas for future posts!

The breakdown:
1. Volunteer opportunity- I got my certificate in the mail recently and I'm so happy to belong to such a great organization and good cause. Sometimes people ask me "rape crisis? ew, why?" Well, it isn't "fun" work, but someone has to do it. I don't want to sit by idly and simply complain. I want to be part of the solution. Women (and I say women because they are the largest demographic of victims) need to be reminded that there is absolutely no reason for sexual assault. Nothing they did made them "deserve it." I feel like when it comes to this, I'm very good at not judging a person but being empathetic and supportive.
2. The weight loss one- I'm awful! I've actually gained about 3 lbs back. Because I was so busy in June I all but quit the gym. But, now that the online class is over I'm going to make myself go Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I'm going to make it to my ultimate goal!!!
3. Plan and take honeymoon- We went to Amelia Island. Collectively, Tim and I decided that we simply didn't ever have a honeymoon. While the trip was a FABULOUS trip, it just wan't a honeymoon. We missed the boat 3 years ago, and it isn't something you can just have 3 years late. It's ok though, we still loved vacationing! You can see our recent trip photos from here and here.
4. Trying four new recipes- Well...I haven't hardly cooked since my brother and his family arrived, but I will get back on it. I did however make:
5. Blog three times a week- I fail, I know, I know.
6. Student loan- Check!
7. Savings!- Check! 
8. Read 52 books- I think I'm giving up here...but I did just learn about a cool new website: www.goodreads.com
9. Facebook birthdays- This really is a good tool for reconnecting.
10. Visit 12 new restaurants- I'm not sure if we went somewhere new or not...
11. Etsy- Again...not sure when this will ever happen...

Is your summer fun? I hope so! Stay cool and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...