Saturday, July 23, 2011

Snacking at Our House: Ricotta Cheese Chocolate Chip Muffins

Saw these and knew I had leftover ricotta to use before it went bad. Also, I wanted to get back to trying to make four new recipes before the end of the month. So here is my best shot at attempting that with only one week left in the month. And if you don't subscribe to her blog, I highly suggest doing so. I love skinnytaste.com.

They are pretty yum, but why do they always stick? Blast!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups self rising cake flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (I used yogurt butter because that's all we have)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 8 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I used low fat because it's all I had)
  • 1/2 tbsp vanilla
  • 9 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels (I used regular because it is all I had)

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 375°.
  2. Mix flour and baking soda. 
  3. Mix and cream butter and sugar. 
  4. Beat egg whites and add to butter/sugar mixture. 
  5. Mix in ricotta cheese, then flour mixture and vanilla. 
  6. Fold in chocolate chips and spoon into lined muffin tins about 3/4 filled.
  7. Bake at 375° for 15-16 minutes and let cool.


For me it made 14 muffins, but I think it was supposed to make 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...