Sunday, November 13, 2011

Month of Thanks- 9 through 13

This week was pretty stressful, but I still try to look at it in perspective. I may not be happy with some things in life, but there are many more things to be thankful for.

So, I'm thankful for:
9) a job in the field I went to school for
10) my health
11) veterans
12) my education and
13) books

All of these have been on my mind the past few days. There are a lot of people my age graduating college and unable to find work in their respective fields. It took a little while, but I did find my current job and I'm very happy there. I feel like no two days are the same and I learn a little something new each week. Side note: I'm probably thankful for my first out of school job too even though it was the pits because it taught me everything I DID NOT want in a career or work place.

I know I mentioned on facebook before November started, but I'm really thankful for my health. In October at work we had a health screening and I had really good results (to quote the nurse "A+"). I had the sniffles for like two seconds yesterday and I thought about it, I haven't been sick-sick in a long time. I think it might have to do with going to the gym and trying to eat better. I have Tim to thank for this. He helps keep me on track- even when I whine and pout that I don't want to go to the gym (like today).

Of course, Friday was Veteran's Day and I'm very thankful to the people who serve and protect our country's interests and well being. My brother recently made Chief Petty Officer and I'm incredibly proud of him.

On Saturday I watched the UGA and Auburn game and even though the score was disappointing I couldn't help but think- I have a degree from there. Yes. Some people cheer for whatever reason- but I cheer with a deep sense of pride in my education. I'm thankful for that. Auburn taught me a lot about myself- good, bad and ugly. I'm thankful for it all.

Today, I'm thankful for books. Why? Because I've been trying to read more. It's low cost entertainment. Especially if you go to the library (ahem, I still need to come get my new card Mr. Chris...). You're never too old to enjoy a good book. Reading helps you in a myriad of ways. I'm currently reading three different books and over the weekend I bought The Hunger Games so...I need to finish these before I start any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...