Sunday, November 6, 2011

Month of Thanks- Day 5 and 6

Yes, I'm a slacker but I'm still trying my best! This weekend (5+6) I'm thankful for friends- old, new and somewhere in between.

Saturday I went to a baby shower for Baby H (Melinda and Matt's little one). Melinda is an old friend from childhood- actually she started out as one of my first ever enemies :) Some young girls (and sadly some adult women) feel like they can only have one best/close friend and Melinda and I had the same one. We were pretty competitive with each other until we finally started being friends somewhere around 6th grade and middle school. Anywho, she means a lot to me and I'm really excited for her upcoming mommyhood. It was great to spend time with her and my other friends from childhood (especially my oldest friend Katie). I'm so thankful to still have connection to these gals.

Also on Saturday, I spent time with new friends from work. I had fun at a Pampered Chef party at a coworker's house. Lots of sweet women and I enjoy getting to know new people. Work has really given me some of the best new friends ever and I'm really thankful.

And of course there is my soulmate Mel. Anytime I get to spend with Mel and Chris I am happy. Especially when football is involved. I still to this day cannot believe Mel and I grew up in the same town and never crossed official paths until we went to Auburn for graduate school. For that I am REALLY thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...