Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Month of Thanks

Preface: Sarah inspired me to attempt this month-long blog series on what I'm thankful for. All credit is due to her and her facebook :)

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday of the year. Mostly because it's the fun and food of Christmas, without the stress of gift giving. You get to focus on just being with your family and the ones you love. Thanksgivings growing up were always so much fun. We'd go to my mother's mom's home and enjoy Christmas with my mom's side of the family. I remember the house she had before she and her husband Russell moved to the cooooountry. I remember running around the outside of the house, playing with our great-grandmothers magnet collection on the fridge, attempting gymnastics off the clothesline, swinging on the swing and the constant torment of my eating habits (a biscuit and chocolate cake).

As you can imagine when I saw Sarah's facebook status tonight:
"Posting something I'm thankful for every day of November. Today I'm thankful for the way God continually blesses my family. I'm thankful for this every day, but especially today!"
I got excited. What a great idea. I know we should take time to express our thanks everyday, but I thought it might be nice to take on the challenge. So here goes- the first thing I'm thankful for is Sarah's idea. :)

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this on several people's Facebook pages. I like it! Maybe I'll do a variation of it, too, on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! I'm getting ready to write my second post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I might need a proper citation. Something like (Hillyer, 2011) would be acceptable. :)

    And you're welcome! Just 3 days in and it has really made me stop and think about all the great things I have going in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...