Thursday, April 7, 2011

All By Ourselves: The first 24+ hours...

Parent withdraw? Not yet...

Mom & dad are off in, wait for it...HAWAII! Long story short, they are going to attend the US Sailor of the Year event in which my brother is involved. He is the Sea Sailor of the Year for the US Pacific Fleet and now he's competing for the overall big schbang. (I think...I honestly get confused about it). Anywho, they are gone for the next couple of weeks and that leaves us ALL ALONE!!!

Well, not all alone because we have three wonderful and crazy cats, but you get the picture.

Speaking of picture...check out this from dad posted on his facebook:
Hawaii!
I thought I'd try and chronicle how Tim and I manage it living as a married couple on our own over the next couple of weeks.

I can already tell you that things are pretty interesting. Take this morning for example. Dad is usually the first person up and thus he feeds the cats. They usually paw at his door and whine and moan until he feeds them. And on a normal day, if he doesn't, they'll come annoy me. Especially the fat one, Elliot. She'll come bite me in bed...I figured they would come annoy me this morning.

But, they didn't. When I woke up all three were sitting patiently by dad's door. Confused little cats. When I came into the hall they did break their patience and went into full psycho hungry cat mode.

I think my favorite thing so far is walking around with no pants. You may think "ew, that's a little TMI," but, if you actually know me you know that doesn't even scratch the surface of Kelly's TMI haha. Back in college, my dear sweet roommate Jenn knew me as a pant-less-wonder and I think I'd be making her proud.

We'll see how the next few days go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...