Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Art of Couponing: Lessons Learned

Today I haven't been able to focus (I blame the spring allergies) and I misread my first CVS mailer. Granted, in the end I still came out well, just not as well as my SUPER deal from the other day.

Transaction 1
I started out doing the buy $30, get $10 Extra Care Bucks. This was easy to do because we needed ALL of these items:

  • Aussie shampoo & conditioner (2/4.49 after manufacturer coupon + CVS deal)
  • Dawn dishsoap (.79 after coupon + CVS deal)
  • Bounty paper towels (5.99 - CVS deal)
  • Charmin TP x2 packages (10.73 after coupon + CVS deal)
  • Tide detergant (5.34 after coupon + CVS deal)
So that + tax was $35 even. It sounds high, but I got the $10 ECB to use on my second transaction AND when you do all the math it was 36% off.

Transaction 2
  • Old Spice Body Wash x 2 (@ 3.49 each with coupon + CVS deal)
  • Venus razor cartridges (13.29 after coupon + CVS deal)
And that is where I made the mistake. I misread the CVS mailer to say "$4" for the cartridges. But...it was really $4 OFF. Pay close attention and don't be memorized by the numbers like I was. I could have paused and come back, but I decided since there was now a lady in line behind me I needed to move on out. I used my $10 ECB and ended up paying $11.90 total. Which, when you do the math is 56% off. So, not TOO bad.

So overall, I saved $33.74 which rounds out to 44% off my entire trip to CVS. All of these items will get used. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...