Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dinner at Our House: Buffalo Chicken Wraps

I think I've shared my crock pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches before, but this is a different recipe I found for wraps in a magazine.  I thought I'd try something else out for a change, so let me know if you like it. These turned out super yummy and I thought they photographed very beautifully too :)


Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (on sale at Publix til Tuesday)
  • 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce (on sale @ Publix til Tuesday)
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce (On sale at Publix!)
  • flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed (I buy the reduced fat ones; fat free when I can find them)
  • 2 teaspoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
  • 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
This recipe is very easy to make. (Note: it makes 2 servings, but it can EASILY be doubled or tripled for more people and/or leftovers).

Step 1: Spray cooking spray in your skillet. Add chicken and oil. Cook approximately 6 minutes on high heat. Basically, get the pink out.

Step 2: Add in your buffalo sauce, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer (roughly 3-5 minutes). I actually saved the bottle I bought on sale, and opted to finish off a bottle of Frank's Red Hot.
This is what it looked like after it simmered.
Step 3: Warm your tortillas. Add chopped lettuce.
Lettuce! And yes, paper plates tonight because I'm already missing my mom's clean up...
Step 3: Add chicken!
Yumz!
Step 4: Add blue cheese crumbles (ps- mine are reduced fat). Or Tim used reduced fat shredded cheddar.
And...I'm a girl who loves her cheese, but it's ok because I hit the gym earlier.
Step 5: A touch of low fat dressing. We used light buttermilk ranch.
All this for right at 6 WW points. Not too shabby.

This meal for the both of us was right at about $6-7. (We also roasted some red potatoes to go with this meal). Compare that to what you pay somewhere like Buffalo Wild Wings. And compare it to how much FAT is in theirs. You can have great taste for less money and less fat. Just get creative.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...