Tuesday, April 19, 2011

She's Crafty: Necklace for a Princess


This past weekend we had the honor of attending a birthday party for a very cool three-year-old. I decided that it was time to break out the crafty-side of myself and make something. I whipped this up for the little princess (I love pink and purple, by the way).

Eh, a little blurry.

A wee bit bigger and you can see the different shades of the bicones.

The "pearls" have a pink coloring too them which I thought gave it a princess-touch. Now, the true test is if the crimpings that I used stand the wear of a three-year-old. The last piece I made for a youngen didn't last too long because my niece pulled on it. One of these days I'm going to get my etsy going (I've had the storename on reserve for over a year now).

Tim and I were very excited to attend the birthday party. We got to watch all the little kids running around with all their energy (avoid the jump-jump because those things are my new nightmare). Tim and I would love to have a perfect little version of the best of our qualities combined (look out world, superkid awaits), but now just isn't the time. House first, non-fur babies later. But, it was still nice to be around all the smiles, giggles and fun. Thank you for having us to party, BP :)

1 comment:

  1. The necklace is so pretty! And L asked to wear it as soon as she opened it! I, too, wonder how long it will last -- she's not the most gentle person I've ever known. ;)

    We love that you shared your crafting talents with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...