Monday, January 3, 2011

Dinner at Our House: Baked Basil Fries

Can you believe we're already posting again? Yay!

Tonight was an exciting night because I used a new recipe from my new cookbook (gifted to me by Tim's mom). The book is a tasteofhome book and it's the Guilt Free cooking version. I am in love.

Tonight we tried our first recipe: baked basil fries. We are a family that loves our starchy goodness so anytime we can bake something instead of fry it I get really happy. We had these with my dad's famous grilled hamburgers.

Which, by the way brings up my other new toy for the kitchen: food scale! I was able to precisely measure my hamburger so I knew exactly how to calculate my WW points more. Also, very exciting.

You can find the recipe for the fries online here. But, I'll also post it below along with the photos we took. Using their nutrition info I calculated these bad boys at 3 WW pts per serving (NOT BAD AT ALL!)


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 4 medium red potatoes

Directions

  • In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Parmesan cheese, oil, basil and garlic powder. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. sticks. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
  • Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes on each side or until crisp and tender. Yield: 4 servings.

Putting it all together in the bowl

Putting it in the pan (we cut them too thing but eh its ok)

Cooked and on the plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...