Monday, January 31, 2011

Restaurant Review: Johnny's Pizza

Tonight was our last chance at squeezing in a "new" place as part of my Eleven in 11. I'll be honest, we tried to go somewhere else tonight in Columbus and it was closed....so needless to say, Mom, Tim and I were in a hunger jam.

We had passed by the Johnny's pizza place and I couldn't remember if it was the same one that is in Auburn (though I'm pretty sure it's Johnny Buscos)...however, upon getting inside and checking out the menu...I'm almost positive I've been to one of these in Carrollton. So, I didn't want to cheat. I wanted to make the geniune effort to try something new. And I did. I opted for the Hawaiian. It always sounds like it could be tasty, but I always grab a calzone. Well, since starting WW, calzones are not really an option. I ordered the slice and a small salad with reduced fat dressing.

All in all it wasn't that bad. It was certainly different. But, not bad. It hasn't become my new favorite, but I'm sure I'd eat it again if we stopped by. I'm very excited that their website contains nutrition facts. ALWAYS a huge plus for me since I'm constantly calculating things. Between the slice, the salad, and the dressing my whole meal was 16 points. Not bad for someone who saves the majority of her points for dinners anyways, and certainly not bad for eating out. (Maybe one day I'll blog about the tragedy that is Applebee's lunch menu- SCARY POINTS!).

If you like the crusty thin pizza, you'll love the place.

4 comments:

  1. Was your first choice Chef Lee's? If I'm craving Chik-Fil-A on Sunday, then I'm likely craving Chef Lee's on a Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no. We wanted to try La Margarita because I heard it still serves dishes from Mediterranean Cafe. My second choice was the Brown (or is it Black) Cow. But, Tim didn't want to make the drive downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the downtown restaurant has an identity problem. I can never what color the Cow is either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try it. I've heard good things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...