Monday, January 17, 2011

Quick Fix Lunch: Creamy Bow Tie Pasta

This isn't a regular Dinner at Our House post, but I just had to share with you all the lunch I just tried out on this lazy holiday Monday. I'm at the computer scanning my usual suspects (Skinnytaste, tasteofhome, and allrecipes) looking for things to make for the week. I'm actually not looking for anything new, but rather I am checking out my "saved" lists.

However, I stumbled across this little gem that is going down as one of my new favorite quickie lunches (I may even whip up another batch tonight to take for work tomorrow). If I do the math correct, the WW total for this would be 5 points. I'm not quite sure that what I just made would amount to that though. We keep all low fat, fat free, etc products in our home (Update: I did the tedious math on all of our products at home and it brought it down to 4 points). I'll have to take some time to figure it up. Try it for yourself, it took me little to no time to prepare and we had all the ingredients at our house.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
  • 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • Dash salt
  • Dash dried basil
  • Dash crushed red pepper flakes
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 2 tablespoons chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream

Directions

  • Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the oil, flour, garlic and seasonings until blended. Gradually add the milk, broth and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
  • Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and sour cream. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Yield: 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...