Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year: Eleven Goals for 2011

Ok, so technically I'm 24 hours and some change late...but I wanted to wish you all a great new year. I thought I might blog about myself some in this post. Tim is still thinking on his, but I have already decided my 11 goals for 2011. I thought I'd share most of them (some are just a little more private than others).


  1. Find new volunteer opportunity- I used to do 24 and 48 hour shifts for the rape crisis hotline in Athens and I'm looking for something similar now that we have moved. 
  2. Lose X pounds (X by the beginning of July)- I've already lost 17 doing WW and exercising (almost daily). I thought giving myself a deadline of July made me think about it in more realistic terms. I put the Xs to try to keep it somewhat personal :)
  3. Plan and take honeymoon- Now this one does involve Tim. We're thinking about possibly going to NYC for a weekend, but we're still thinking out ideas. If you have a suggested for an extended weekend let us know!
  4. Try four new recipes a month- This basically equates to one a week but gives us some flexibility too. I hope to chronicle this one on the blog so stay tuned!
  5. Blog three times a week- Yes, we know we've abandoned you...but that will change! Today counts as one right? Ha, ha...
  6. Pay at least $X off student loan- Again, tried to keep the finances private. It's actually quite gratifying when I make my student loan payments. I'm going in to my second full year of repayment and I love seeing that number go down. :)
  7. Put $X in savings- Similar to the one above, but I have sat down and done the math and I've got a number tucked away for safe keeping. 
  8. Read 52 books- another one that I hope to blog about (maybe it will help with goal #5). I think roughly one book a week is totally doable.
  9. Wish each Facebook friend happy birthday- crap! Typing this I realized I missed today...well I call mulligan on that one...I'm going to start on that as soon as I finish here...yikes...(by the way this goal was inspired by Peter Shankman's seminar in Montgomery...)
  10. Visit 12 new restaurants- I'm really looking forward to this one. It can also help goal #5!
  11. and finally finish working on my etsy store-  I'm so excited about this one! I need to get to making some jewelry! 
And that, my friends, is the list. I had a recent discussion with someone about new year's resolutions. I don't make them. I like the ideas of small and realistic goals. I started this back in 2009. I had 9 goals for 09 and 10 in 10. Since the creation of X in 20XX, I've done much better than simply saying "I'm going to be a better person," or "I'm going to get fit." So here is wishing you the best on setting realistic goals and working to accomplish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...